Friday, October 15, 2010

Quick Fire - Arkansas v Auburn

I've gotten some heat from my prediction of the Arkansas-Auburn game. To set the record straight, I think Arkansas is an outstanding team. Their passing game is great, but I am very suspect of their rushing ability and a way to keep the Auburn offense off the field. Auburn's strength is their rush defense, so I can't imagine Arkansas having a redemption game on the ground. However, their passing ability plays to Auburn's weakness, so Chizik and defensive coordinator Ted Roof will have to come up with a gameplan to slow down the Razorback passing game.

Here is how I picture the 4th quarter going down, where Auburn has won most this year. Auburn will get/have the ball at the start of the 4th. They will milk the clock down with a 1-point lead (I am guessing 28-27). Auburn eats up 4-5 minutes, kicks a FG and puts it up to a 4-point lead, 31-27, with just under 10:00 left. Arkansas drives down the field, but can't get into FG range, punts, and Auburn gets the ball with 6-7 minutes left in the game. Arkansas needs a big stop. Auburn drives the length of the field, eats up all but a minute of the clock, scores a TD, put them up by 11. Arkansas claws their way down the field, but eventually runs out of time, heaves a hail mary from about 40 yards out with time winding down, incomplete, ball game.

No comments: